- Job Title
- Application Specialist / Technical Customer Support Specialist
- Start Date
- MetaSystems Asia
The role will focus on providing service and support in the MetaSystems Asia territory and across the range of current and future MetaSystems instruments products. The main activities are system demonstrations, installations, customizing, preventative maintenance, remedial maintenance and online remote support. Other tasks include system upgrades, travel & service reports and database updates. The role involves significant international travel (> 50% of time) sometimes for periods of up to two weeks.
To provide exceptional customer service and support at all levels and on all products to our distributors and end users.
Key Responsibilities and Authorities:
Demonstration of MetaSystems instruments
- Perform product demonstrations as requested by the sales team for prospective customers on-site, in workshops and at marketing events.
- Prepare the demonstration equipment and ensure it is in proper working order before performing the demonstration. Demonstrations will be tailored to the interests of the customer.
- Consult distributors and end-users on system configuration and system integration.
Installation of MetaSystems instruments and end-user training, including:
- Coordinate proper preparation of the installation site.
- Supervise the unpacking and placement of instruments at customer sites.
- Perform installation of equipment and verify correct operation. This will require knowledge of computers, electronics, mechanical adjustment, optics and software applications.
- Provide application training such that MetaSystems distributors and customers have a full understanding and confidence in the use of the equipment.
- Instruct end-users on proper equipment use and maintenance.
Service and support of MetaSystems instruments, including:
- Provide high-quality technical troubleshooting and applications support online, by phone, email, chat, etc.
- Provide on-site service to remedy any system malfunction
- Provide, and organize schedules for preventative maintenance visits
- Feedback market requirements to our development department
- Training of Sales Representatives, Application Engineers and Service Technicians
Administration of support activities, including:
- Prompt completion of travel, service and installation reports
- Prompt updating of CRM database to document all customer interaction
Comply with all company rules, guidelines, SOP’s and management direction
Relevant experience for more than 2 years in computerized instruments and systems, preferably in the Biotech Industry or Sector.
- Demonstrate the ability to diagnose technical issues and communicate clearly and effectively with customers face-to-face, online or via email and telephone
- Demonstrate strong, friendly and pro-active communication skills with internal and external team members
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently, individually or as part of a team
- Self-motivated with a flexible attitude
- Commitment to precise and on-time follow-up of customer problems
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability and finding solutions which meet customer and organizational objectives
- Dynamic, organized, logical and pro-active approach
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills in ENGLISH & CHINESE (MANDARIN) (required)
- Organized and logical with the ability to be inventive and able to prioritize on-going activities
- Able to meet deadlines as well as customer and business requirements
University degree qualification (MSc, PhD) or equivalent in Bio/Medical field. Preferably knowledge in Genetics and Microscopy. Must have extensive experience with PCs and MS-Windows. Some teaching experience is beneficial.
Fluency in ENGLISH and CHINESE (MANDARIN) is a must.
The role will involve significant international travel (>50% of time), sometimes at short notice, therefore flexibility on travel arrangements is required.
Holding a passport is a requirement of this position.
MetaSystems Asia offers an attractive remuneration package, insurance, a modern and well-equipped working environment at the Hong Kong Science and Technology Park, life in an exciting world city and lots of opportunity to learn and develop yourself while working in a friendly atmosphere with a team of internationally minded professionals.