- Job Title
- (Not just another) Customer Support Specialist
- Start Date
- MetaSystems USA
Do you like to travel? Can you excite lab professionals about innovation using your own technical prowess? We are looking for a skilled Customer Support Specialist for our growing office in the Boston, MA area. The candidate will join our strong Applications & Support team, reporting directly to the Vice President, Applications & Support, to provide service, installations and training, which includes extensive travel in the US and Canada (including San Francisco, NYC, Denver, Atlanta, Toronto and Vancouver), as needed.
We provide training through a personal mentor and a structured onboarding process for this professional position. After three months you will be able to:
- Install our automated imaging platforms and software
- Assist in system configuration and testing
- Provide individualized training and support to customers for all of our instrumentation on-site and by remote access, including workshops
- Perform service and preventive maintenance in laboratories at customer sites
- Answer technical customer inquiries by telephone or email
- Support our Quality Management (ISO certified 13485) by maintaining our database and Device History Records
- Independently research to provide customer-specific solutions
The position is full-time and the primary place of business is the MGI Boston office.
We are looking for a friendly, positive, self-motivated, quality-minded and versatile team player who is professional with customers and interested in working to grow the company with us.
We offer competitive compensation, paid health insurance and the opportunity to implement your own ideas.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Possible entry-level position provided work experience in similar field is substantial
- Bachelor in Biotechnology or related field, Master degree would be a plus
- >3 years of experience in Biotech laboratory (not mandatory, but helpful)
- Knowledge of office IT infrastructure for troubleshooting and updates is desirable
- Experience in imaging and microscopy would be a plus
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Good communication skills
- Good technical troubleshooting skills