- Job Title
- We’re looking for a Jedi. Known to us as an Application Engineer.
- Start Date
- MetaSystems USA
Do you like to travel? Do you enjoy bringing harmony into chaos, knowledge into the unknown?
You may be our Jedi.
We are looking for a skilled Application Engineer for our growing office in the Boston, MA area. The candidate will join our strong Applications & Support team, reporting directly to the Vice President of Applications & Support, to lead and inspire teams and customers, provide service, installations and training, which includes extensive travel in the US and Canada (including, but not limited to, San Francisco, NYC, Denver, Atlanta, Toronto and Vancouver) and some European travel, as needed.
We provide training through a personal mentor and a structured onboarding process – both in the USA and our German headquarters - for this professional position. After six months you will be able to:
- Advise customers and manage technical projects involving Applications & Support activities
- Manage small teams of support and application specialists and support technicians
- Install our automated imaging platforms and software
- Provide application support and drive application development
- Provide training and support to customers in the use of all our instrumentation on-site, in workshops, and by remote access
- Analyze slides and adapt classifiers
- Develop customer-specific solutions, as well as improvements on existing Applications
- Lead system configuration and testing for customers and in-house R&D
- Support our Quality Management (ISO 13485 certified) by maintaining our database and Device History Records
The position is full-time and the primary place of business is the MGI Boston office.
We are looking for a friendly, positive, self-motivated, quality-minded and versatile team player, who is professional with customers and interested in working to grow the company with us.
We offer competitive compensation, paid health insurance and the opportunity to implement your own ideas and advance your career.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Masters in biotechnology-related field
- > 5 years of relevant work experience in a biotech laboratory, research or commercial lab, or similar field
- Experience in imaging and microscopy
- Experience using one or more BI software is desirable
- MBA or business training desirable
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced project management, team leadership and communication skills
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills